Friday 11 March 2011

Showing Support With Breast Cancer Awareness Products

If there's one thing I wish I could do more of, it's volunteer my time to support worthy causes. Unfortunately, work and family commitments leave me with very little free time and prevent me from doing much volunteering on weekends. If I were rich, I'd write a check to every charitable organization out there, but that's not possible either. So right now I'm doing what I can by buying breast cancer awareness products for myself and to give as gifts.
You're probably familiar with the pink ribbon symbol that is usually attached to breast cancer awareness products. I love buying apparel and accessories bearing this logo because I know that a portion of the money I spend will go towards funding further research. Since I have family members and close friends that have suffered from this disease, I think it's critical to help fund further research. Too many great women have been cut down in their prime, and I believe I speak for everyone when I say we owe it to our mothers, sisters, wives, and friends to stop this disease in its tracks. If I can contribute even just a little bit by buying breast cancer awareness products, then of course I will continue to do so.
Another reason I like breast cancer awareness products is because they usually catch the attention of other people. There are some very nice items for sale at the official Pink Ribbon website, as well as partner sites across the Internet, and many of these pieces invite comments from total strangers. When I tell them where I got this particular hat, handbag, scarf, pin, or bracelet, I know that they'll go home and check out the site for themselves. If this leads to more sales of breast cancer awareness products, then I feel like I've done my good deed for the day.
I don't purchase breast cancer awareness products only for myself, either. I've found a number of beautiful gift items on the site, and now give pink ribbon merchandise whenever presents are called for. I've done this for birthdays, graduations, Christmas, anniversaries, and retirements, and all the recipients have been thrilled to receive a quality product that helps support a wonderful cause. I look at it this way. If I have a choice between spending my money on a Hollister t-shirt or spending the same dollars on a Pink Ribbon or Fight Like a Girl shirt, there's simply no question about which option is more worthy.
I like to believe that most people would support this kind of cause if they had enough time or money to do so. If you aren't in a position to write a big donation check, then do what I do and purchase breast cancer awareness products instead of shopping at the mall. You'll still get cool merchandise, and a portion of the proceeds will go towards finding the cure to a devastating disease.

0 comments:

Post a Comment